February 28, 2022
A Virginia Wine Celebration to Remember
Since 1982, the Virginia Governor’s Cup® competition has been recognizing the top wines produced across the Commonwealth. Normally, it concludes with a special evening where industry, media and trade members gather for the announcement of the competition’s highest-scoring wines and celebrate the pioneering, resilient winemakers who craft them.
But this year, you get to be a part of the celebration.
From a grandiose tasting of 100+ gold-medal-winning wines to culinary delights prepared by top local chefs, the biggest Virginia Wine event of the year is just a ticket away. Join us on Thursday, March 24 at Richmond’s premiere event space, Main Street Station, to be among the first to unveil this year’s award-winners and discover firsthand the magic behind #vawine.
- Taste gold-medal-winning wines (100+) from the 2022 Governor’s Cup® competition.
- Sample a variety of bites prepared by local chefs–
- Mike Ledsma, Perch
- David Dunlap, Midlothian Chef’s Kitchen
- Mike Lindsey, Lillie Pearl
- Laura Fonner, Siren
- Ari Augenbaum, JewFro
- + fresh oyster raw bar!
- Participate in a silent auction hosted by the V Foundation with proceeds going towards cancer research.
- Watch the reveal of this year’s Governor’s Cup® Case, Cup and Best in Show Cider winners.
Unlock more with the VIP experience (ONLY 10 LEFT):
- Entry to a fully catered VIP tasting lounge, including elevated food offerings and pourings of special vintages and hard to access VA wines from Case-winning winemakers.
- Intimate post-event vintner dinner at Common House Richmond featuring a multi-course tasting menu paired with the 2022 Governor’s Cup® Case winners, guided by the winemakers themselves. Transportation provided.
- Exclusive Winery Passport: Complimentary tastings for ticket holders and a guest at each of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® Case and Best in Show Cider winners, valid through 12/31/2022.
- Preferred seating during the awards reveal of the Virginia Governor’s Cup® winners.
Learn more about the Virginia Governor’s Cup® competition here.
More Virginia Wine Stories
February 24, 2022
10 Facts About the Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition
1. It has a long-lasting history of recognizing the top Virginia wines. 2022 is the 40th anniversary of the first Virginia Governor’s Cup® competition. Since then, hundreds of winemakers have […]Read More
March 10, 2021
2021 Virginia Governor’s Cup Recap: Unveiling Virginia’s Finest
Each year, the Virginia Wineries Association’s Virginia Governor’s Cup® highlights the exciting things happening here in Virginia’s wine country and recognizes the wineries and wines that continue to put Virginia […]Read More
February 24, 2021
A Look into the Virginia Governor’s Cup Competition
Within the Virginia Wine community, a sense of anticipation approaches each year with the announcement of the Virginia Governor’s Cup competition results. Year after year, the competition recognizes the best […]Read More