As the weather continues to warm and signs of spring are evident in the vineyard, it’s the perfect time to plan a trip to Virginia’s picturesque wineries and get a taste of their exquisite wines. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing day in wine country, special events, or a chance to explore and earn rewards, Virginia wine country has something for everyone. Here are some of the #vawine happenings this season.
If you’re looking for something unique to do in Virginia wine country this spring, you’re in luck!
- Monticello Wine Week & Awards: These events offera dynamic wine experience in the Monticello AVA. Taking place May 2nd-14th, the celebrations include the Monticello Cup Awards, a Sparkling Brunch, Gold Medal Tasting, and the White Wine Showcase.
- Mother’s Day Special Events: Celebrate Mother’s Day weekend in Virginia Wine Country with a variety of special events happening around the state. View events.
- Virginia Wine Love Weekend: Wine enthusiasts are invited to join meet-ups at wineries across the state on May 13-14. Each participating winery will offer a unique spin on the event, including special tastings, winery tours, food pairings, live music, and discounts on wine purchases.
- Comparative Tastings: Revalation Vineyards is bringing top wines from across the state together for a comparative tasting series featuring prominent Virginia varietals. The series begins on May 20th with a Tannat tasting, followed by a Cabernet Franc tasting on June 10th and Petit Manseng featured on June 24th.
- View all upcoming events.
Explore and Earn
If you’re looking for a unique way to explore Virginia Wine Country, check out the Gold Medal Wine Trail. By visiting the participating wineries and collecting check-ins, you can earn prizes and enter to win a monthly giveaway package.
With so much to see and do in Virginia wine country this season, start planning your next adventure to experience all the region has to offer.